Over the past year they've manufactured more than 90 million masks and become one of the largest suppliers of this duckbill style respirators.
ACI N95 Surgical Respirator (Duckbill)
As the pandemic gripped the country, ACI launched one of the nation’s largest production lines for N95 respirator masks, creating hundreds of jobs in the process.
- Inner Facing: White Polypropylene Spunbond
- Outer Facing: Blue Polypropylene Spunbond
- Filter Media: White Electret-treated Meltblown
- Headband: Light Blue, Elastomeric Polyurethane
- Nosepiece: Annealed Carbon Wire
- NaCl Penetration: <5% @ 85 lpm
- Exhalation Resistane: <25mm
- Inhalation Resistance: <35mm
- Approved and Cleared for Use in Healthcare Settings by FDA/NIOSH
- ASTM F1862 Level 3 Fluid Resistance
- Flammability Class 1
- Flat pouched design that provides a cooler breathing chamber
- Non-abrasive comfort layer for moisture management
I wore these masks for full days of travel and they were very comfortable and easy to breathe and speak in. Added bonus that I am officially one of the only people I know who haven't gotten COVID while traveling, and I give credit to these masks. All hail the duck masks.
I have been wearing these masks daily for a 20-minute walking commute and 8-hour workday since January, and they are the most comfortable facemasks of any kind that I have ever worn. The design holds the mask away from one's nose and mouth to avoid muffled speech or impeded breathing. The head straps stay in place without digging in. I am very pleased with this design. The only improvement that could be made is that the white bendable piece for the bridge of the nose could be better adhered to the mask. It sometimes comes unglued at the edges of either side by the end of the day, but not enough to impair the seal.
This is the best N95 respirator ever for the following reasons:
1. Cheapest/most affordable/lowest unit price N95 respirator on the market
2. Most comfortable duckbill N95 respirator on the market and probably the most comfortable N95 respirator on the market(The only one that might be be more comfortable is the readimask which I have not tried as it is too expensive.) Some people have even reported being able to sleep with it on without a problem, not that I have tried. It is so comfortable you can forget that you are wearing it. The duckbill design keeps it as far away from face as possible (except the edges) improving comfort and creating a nice air pocket to increase breathability.
3. Probably the most breathable N95 respirator on the market.
4. Unlike KN95s, Uses head straps instead of earloops that painfully pull on ears
5. Extremely good seal.
6. It is surgical N95 respirator so it is both an N95 respirator and surgical mask in one and provides protection against fluids. For hospital workers, it means you can take it into the OR without fear. For the rest of us, fluid protection is wonderful.
7. Stores flat before use to save space.
Only downside is it the straps must be manually separated before use.
The most impressive and most satisfying aspect of my order was the excellent service; it was quick and accurate, and I was kept informed of the order's progress from the initial order to the delivery. Plus, the shipping was free! The masks were exactly as described and came well packaged.
I could not be more pleased with my order from Armbrust!
We work hard at trying to not only make top-of-the-line masks, but to provide first-class service as well.
Glad you enjoyed your experience!
Unfortunately, I did not receive the package on time before my departure from the US. I found the information about shipping not clear, but I received the refund in full, which I appreciated. I would recommend ARMBRUST.
I have tried several types of masks and these Duckbill masks are terrific! They fit, they don’t itch and they are cheap! I spent a lot on the bowl-shaped N-95 masks when I read the cloth masks hardly worked and the paper disposables weren’t much better. They were terribly itchy and I could never get my glasses to fit with that over my nose. The duckbill fits, accommodates my glasses, and doesn’t itch. Can’t recommend highly enough!
These fit and seal great
I've tried a lot of N95s and these are my favorites. The only negative about them is they might not be as durable as some of the others - I generally wear one mask several times, mostly for errands but also for my 1-2 days per week in the office - but any difference is compensated by comfort and value.
I was looking to replace BNX duckbill masks which fit me great and I love but BNX doesn't seem to be making anymore. I got one of these ACI duckbill masks in the Sampler pack and was really hopeful! Unfortunately I can't recommend these. The mask seemed great... when I first put it on. But the "elastomeric polyurethane" straps ruined it. Elastomeric polyurethane feels kind of like a stretchy paper tape and the problem is it STRETCHES out as you wear the mask so the mask gets progressively looser and looser over time. NOT GOOD. If you overstretch the straps the least little bit as you're putting the mask on, you might as well throw that one away and start over. If you slip the mask down to get a drink of water and want to put it back on, it's going to be too loose and leak! Maybe if one works in a very high risk area where the boss was paying for workers to replace their masks with a brand new one every hour or two, these would be okay. For those of us who have to buy our own and need to be able to reuse them a time or two, forget it. Really really wish they'd replace the fancy elastomeric polyurethane for plain old standard 1/4" elastic.
This masks fits my fairly narrow face (kid size masks fir me for width but not long enough) better than any other N95 or kn95 or procedure mask I've tried. Does not gap at sides, tucks well under chin, has more room in front of mouth than most other masks. Soft wide straps more comfortable than rubber band straps on many other N95s; they do stretch after a while. Can be hot if worn for hours but other well-fitting masks are too. Found it through Mask Sampler, a good investment for trying various masks without buying a whole box.