Over the past year they've manufactured more than 90 million masks and become one of the largest suppliers of this duckbill style respirators.
ACI N95 Surgical Respirator (Duckbill)
As the pandemic gripped the country, ACI launched one of the nation’s largest production lines for N95 respirator masks, creating hundreds of jobs in the process.
- Inner Facing: White Polypropylene Spunbond
- Outer Facing: Blue Polypropylene Spunbond
- Filter Media: White Electret-treated Meltblown
- Headband: Light Blue, Elastomeric Polyurethane
- Nosepiece: Annealed Carbon Wire
- NaCl Penetration: <5% @ 85 lpm
- Exhalation Resistane: <25mm
- Inhalation Resistance: <35mm
- Approved and Cleared for Use in Healthcare Settings by FDA/NIOSH
- ASTM F1862 Level 3 Fluid Resistance
- Flammability Class 1
- Flat pouched design that provides a cooler breathing chamber
- Non-abrasive comfort layer for moisture management
Thank you for your review! Glad to hear the delivery got to you quickly.
I wore these masks for full days of travel and they were very comfortable and easy to breathe and speak in. Added bonus that I am officially one of the only people I know who haven't gotten COVID while traveling, and I give credit to these masks. All hail the duck masks.
I have been wearing these masks daily for a 20-minute walking commute and 8-hour workday since January, and they are the most comfortable facemasks of any kind that I have ever worn. The design holds the mask away from one's nose and mouth to avoid muffled speech or impeded breathing. The head straps stay in place without digging in. I am very pleased with this design. The only improvement that could be made is that the white bendable piece for the bridge of the nose could be better adhered to the mask. It sometimes comes unglued at the edges of either side by the end of the day, but not enough to impair the seal.
This is the best N95 respirator ever for the following reasons:
1. Cheapest/most affordable/lowest unit price N95 respirator on the market
2. Most comfortable duckbill N95 respirator on the market and probably the most comfortable N95 respirator on the market(The only one that might be be more comfortable is the readimask which I have not tried as it is too expensive.) Some people have even reported being able to sleep with it on without a problem, not that I have tried. It is so comfortable you can forget that you are wearing it. The duckbill design keeps it as far away from face as possible (except the edges) improving comfort and creating a nice air pocket to increase breathability.
3. Probably the most breathable N95 respirator on the market.
4. Unlike KN95s, Uses head straps instead of earloops that painfully pull on ears
5. Extremely good seal.
6. It is surgical N95 respirator so it is both an N95 respirator and surgical mask in one and provides protection against fluids. For hospital workers, it means you can take it into the OR without fear. For the rest of us, fluid protection is wonderful.
7. Stores flat before use to save space.
Only downside is it the straps must be manually separated before use.
I have a small narrow head, and unfortunately these are a little to big, but if you make a pleat under the chin and staple it then it fits ok. The wide straps are nice as they don't tangle with your hair or pull on skin and distribute the pressure more than a narrow band does so they are great for comfort. Plus the reasonable price is great. I use these as my outdoor mask. I'm immunodeficient and there are a lot of people that are around near my yard, plus allergies... I don't use these as my indoor mask because I have MCAS so I wear a nuisance odor respirator when indoors due to the overwhelming amount of synthetic/toxic fragrances.
I'm high-risk for covid but have a high nose bridge on an otherwise small face, so I both need the extra protection AND find that most narrow-enough masks are so tight top to bottom that they end up tightly stretched right over my nostrils and mouth, which is uncomfortably claustrophobic. Not these!
Several diligent KN95-wearers I know have gotten Covid for the first time recently, but so far I've stayed Covid-free and I like to think that these masks have been a factor (working remotely, good handwashing/hand gel practices, and avoiding crowded, poorly ventilated indoor spaces whenever possible have also helped, of course, and I'm aware that the "95" in "N95" is not "100", but the longer it takes for me to get Covid, the more doctors will know about treating it in immunosuppressed patients like me who can't safely be given Paxlovid without risking transplant rejection by going off their most important medication).
On the rare occasions that someone gives me an odd look due to the shape, I just stare at them, loudly quack once, and then go back to whatever I was doing. Never fails to elicit a laugh :D
Thank you so much for your review, Stephanie! We are so happy that you continue to love the protection and fit provided by your ACI N95 masks and we truly appreciate your support!
I'm a university voice professor, and I've been wearing these masks almost exclusively for when I teach singing (opera, jazz, pop, MT...)
Because of the shape and how the seam lies, these are IDEAL for allowing normal jaw movement for speech and singing. Unlike the fabric singer masks (which look even more like horse feedbags than these...), they are made of the proper material to be effective at reducing viral spread. Also, unlike the Gerson ones, the head strap material doesn't catch on your hair (it's a much softer, stronger material than the rubberband elastic I've seen on other masks).
Even though they look less fashionable than some masks - they do the job very, very well. I'm so glad I found these!
Hi Liz! We are so happy that you are loving your ACI masks and that you are able to use these when teaching! Thank you so much for your support!
These masks fit well, and are reasonably comfortable as masks go. They seal well around the nose, and come down far enough to stay put on your chin. Being immunocompromised, I have to mask any time I go out shopping, dining, etc. I've been using these masks for the last year or more, and haven't gotten sick once, despite being in crowded grocery stores, theaters, and other public venues. I take this to mean that the masks are doing their job.
Hi Joe! We are so happy that you are finding a great fit in your ACI masks and we appreciate your support!
Relatively easy to put one. Love the extra breathing room this mask has. Love it.
Hi Karen! We are so happy that you are loving the breathability of your ACI N95 masks! Thank you for your support!
Arrived as planned and it works!
Hi Stacey! We are so happy that you are loving your ACI N95 masks and we truly appreciate your support!