- Position the respirator in your hands with the nose piece at your fingertips.
- Cup the respirator in your hand allowing the headbands to hang below your hand. Hold the respirator under your chin with the nosepiece up.
- The top strap goes over and rests at the top back of your head. The bottom strap is positioned around the neck and below the ears. Do not crisscross straps.
- Place your fingertips from both hands at the top of the metal nose clip. Slide fingertips down both sides of the metal strip to mold the nose area to the shape of your nose.
Additionally, check your seal each time N95 respirator is worn as follows:
- Place both hands over the respirator, take a quick breath in to check whether the respirator seals tightly to the face.
- Place both hands completely over the respirator and exhale. If you feel leakage, there is not a proper seal. Additional Fig. 1-2 Fig. 3 Fig. 4 Fig. 1-4 User Instructions INT-00017 Rev 6, 04/21/2021
- If air leaks around the nose, readjust the nosepiece as described. If air leaks at the mask edges, re-adjust the straps along the sides of your head until a proper seal is achieved.
- If you cannot achieve a proper seal due to air leakage, do not enter contaminated areas. Ask for help.
DO NOT TOUCH the front of the respirator. It may be contaminated.
- Remove by pulling the bottom strap over back of head, followed by the top strap, without touching the respirator.
- To safely discard your N95 respirator, place it in a plastic bag and put it in the trash.
- Wash your hands after handling the used respirator.