KN95 Particulate Respirator
This respirator helps protect against certain particulate contaminants but does not eliminate exposure to or the risk of contracting any disease or infection. Misuse may result in sickness or death. For proper use, see supervisor, or User Instructions.
Before use, the wearer must read and understand these User Instructions. Keep these instructions for reference.
The KN95 Particulate Respirator is designed to help provide respiratory protection for the wearer. This product has a filter efficiency level of 95% or greater against particulate aerosols free of oil. It is fluid resistant and disposable. It can fit a wide range of face sizes. This product contains no components made from natural rubber latex.
It is intended to reduce wearer exposure to certain airborne particles in a size range from 0.1 to10.0 microns.
Not for use with beards or other facial hair that prevents direct contact between the face and the sealing surface of the respirator. Paint spraying and sandblasting operations or for protection against gases and vapors. Protection in areas where there is lack of oxygen because this respirator does not supply oxygen. Not for use in oil mist atmospheres.
- Before occupational use of this respirator, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented meeting all the local government requirements. In the United States, employers must comply with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 which includes medical evaluation, training, and fit testing.
- Respirator may be used until damaged, breathing becomes difficult, or contaminated.
- Filtering facepieces are to be inspected prior to each use to good operating condition. Examine all the respirator parts for signs of damage including the two headbands, nose foam, nose clip and facepiece material. The respirator should be disposed of immediately upon observation of damaged or missing parts. Immediately replace the respirator if damaged.
- Discard after every use. Follow national, state, local, and facility infection control guidance and policies.
Fitting Instructions (Must be followed each time respirator is worn
- Open the respirator and straighten ear loops. Cup the respirator in your hand, with the nosepiece at your fingertips, allowing the ear loops to hang freely below your hand.
- Position the respirator under your chin with the nosepiece up.
- Pull the ear loops behind your ears and adjust for comfort.
Place your fingertips from both hands at the top of the metal nosepiece. Using two hands, mold the nose area to the shape of your nose by pushing inward while moving your fingertips down both sides of the nosepiece.
Pinching the nosepiece using one hand may result in improper fit and less effective respirator performance. Use two hands.
See step 2 of Fitting Instructions and cup respirator in hand to maintain position on face. Pull ear loop over ears to remove.
USE LIMITATIONS AND WARNINGS
- A properly selected respirator is essential to protect your health. Before using this product consult a safety professional to determine its suitability for your intended application.
- As with any respiratory device, the wearer MUST be adequately trained prior to use.
- This product does not protect the wearer against gases, vapors or mist whose liquids produce harmful vapors gases.
- This product does not supply oxygen. Use this respirator only in well ventilated areas containing sufficient oxygen (at least 19.5%) to support life.
- Do not use when contaminants and the concentration are unknown or immediately dangerous to life and health.
- Leave the work area immediately if: a) breathing becomes difficult, b) dizziness or other distress, c) the respirator becomes damaged, d) an emergency occurs.
- If a user has any illness or discomfort, consult a licensed medical doctor to determine suitability of use.
- Facial hair and certain facial characteristics will prohibit effective use of this product.
- Replace a respirator when the breathing resistance becomes excessive due to dust loading or after a maximum of 8-hour usage, "only for single use".
- Failure to observe all warnings and instructions on the use of this respirator may result in serious illness or permanent injury.
- The equipment should not act as an ignition source but it should not be used in explosive atmospheres as the concentration of contaminants within normal flammability range would exceed the limits in the selection guide.
- Store respirator in a sealed container away from contaminated areas.
FOR MORE INFORMATION and assistance contact Armbrust, Inc via Email: email@example.com or Tel: (512) 807-0744