Industrial Maintenance Mechanic APPLY NOW
Located in Pflugerville, TX, we are on a mission to bring strategic manufacturing back to the USA. While currently producing ASTM level 3 surgical masks and N95 respirators, we are expanding our product line and team to match. We are a close-knit, hard working, passionate about our mission and always committed to getting the job done. We’re tired of relying on other countries for our wellbeing. It’s time to reclaim our industrial spirit and take back our independence - together.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on gearboxes, motors, couplings, pumps, chillers, air compressors, pneumatic tools, hand tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; follows diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, instructions, engineering specifications and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision testing instruments and applying common sense.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Assess the condition of used parts using micrometers, calipers, and specifications
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Sources accurate, cost-effective parts when needed, following the protocol for ordering.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains technical, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Work with your manager to continually update the production process and system software.
- Attend daily shift meetings to prioritize work orders and minimize downtime.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years industrial maintenance or machinery equipment experience required.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skill.
- “Can Do” attitude with a proven track record of reliability.
- Comfortable with computers.
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand detailed technical information.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Capable of operating hand, power, and specialized tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals as well as implement and follow procedures.
- Experience using measuring devices such as tape measures, micrometers, calipers, and squares.
- Experience in Extrusion, Thermoforming and Dry off-set printing is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and read blueprints and technical drawings, such as machine, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical.
- Advanced understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanics.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and CNC equipment.
- Experience with PLC controls, 3 Phase Power, and electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Advanced technical or college training preferred
Our philosophy with benefits at Armbrust American is to provide you with everything you need to be successful -- much of that comes in the form of pay, but for other things, we want to ensure that you are covered. The more friction we can remove from your daily life, the more dedicated you can be to your Armbrust teammates.
- Free lunch daily in the office.
- Free snacks and drinks available daily in the office.
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision - 100% of employee’s premium paid by Armbrust American.
- 100 PTO hours per year.
- 10 paid holidays each calendar year.
- Competitive pay with a .50 raise every 6 months you are employed.
- Opportunities for career growth and development.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
Work Location: Two locations in very close proximity in Pflugerville, TX
Armbrust American is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
|||Two locations in very close proximity in Pflugerville, TX |||||||||_kYV3pqattGildm8|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||20|||25|||true